Below is Taruna’s reflection on the skills and knowledge she learnt at the GLA:D Australia program.
I recently attended the training program offered by GLA:D® Australia that provides the education and practical skills necessary to work with individuals who have osteoarthritis (OA) in their knees or hips or who are at high risk of developing OA (Pre- OA).
During the training I learnt about:
- The latest research on the degenerative process associated with OA
- The latest knowledge and evidence on OA management strategies
- How neuromuscular exercises can be used in the context of OA changes
- How to assist individuals to implement the neuromuscular stability into their everyday lives
- Processes for registering program participants in the GLA:D® Australia database
- How to implement the program at a clinic, in a hospital, in a wellness facility or in another appropriate setting including providing the group sessions.
On completion of the course, I did my certification and am I very excited to be a Certified GLAD program provider.
So what is GLAD you may ask?
GLA:D®, or Good Life with Arthritis: Denmark, is an education and exercise program developed by researchers in Denmark for people with hip or knee osteoarthritis symptoms.
I am really looking forward to running this program here at Health Dynamix, please call the reception on 8822 3020 if you require more information and to book in with me!